Alter Ego (Part 1) Alter Ego (Part 1)

This is so EPIC! I love the choir! You deserve so many more fans man!
I don't stand a chance here with guys with you around! :p
-DJ-DG

P.S. What plugins do you use?

Omson responds:

Thank you! Mostly I'm using EW Hollywood Silver Packs, Kontakt Drums and EW Symphonic Choir

Party Club! Party Club!

This is nice! Only one thing is it changes rather suddenly at times, but great effort!

DjCrystalux responds:

Thank you! ;)

Seventh Heaven Seventh Heaven

Nice dance [or whatever you call it] mix! It's quite crisp and upbeat, my only complaint is that it's quite long and so the piece can feel a bit slow at times... but perfect for DJ-ing to I guess! Another thing is that the hi-hats aren't very clearly audible... some EQ could fix that perhaps?
Good stuff!

AIM - In That Moment AIM - In That Moment

A masterpiece! This piano is so soulful and carries so much emotion with it... really makes you feel inside... despite being a slow piece, it never feels like it trudges on; the listener will certainly share their thoughts with this piece! Truly lovely indeed!
By the way, what plug-in do you use for piano?

AceMantra responds:

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I really wanted to capture that moment of sadness that everyone can relate to in some way. The piano I used is called "The Giant" for Kontakt.

The Earthling Paean The Earthling Paean

Dang... this is just an epic creation! I love the choir, it's just so airy and filling and it gives the piece that full feel! And then the lead vocal kicks in, it's just awe-inducing! Combined with the strings and the percussion, I can really feel something inside! Honestly this feels like something pulled straight from Xenoblade Chronicles, it has that same feel and quality. And the piano is perfect, it's there, but just barely... I like it! But the centerpiece just has to be the choir... flawless in my opinion.
Truly epic!

SoundChris responds:

Thanks a lot man - glad you enjoyed it! I am a huge fan of choral music and orchestral stuff in any form and I always try to test my sample libraries in as many different settings as possible. E.g.

Russian Red Army Style: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALY6dMIG11E

Medieval: https://soundcloud.com/soundchris-1/sacerdotes-sanctuarii-mystica-demo

Avant-garde: https://soundcloud.com/soundchris-1/rathunas-realm-of-the-wraith

There are so many other things i stil want to test out asap - maybe already in the NGADM :)

The last Xeno game i have been playing was Xenogears for Playstation 1 back in the 90ies. Awesome game - i really loved it (even i found the start was a little bit long-winded. Chronicles always had been on my list but somehow i never found the time. Maybe i should catch up on it someday.

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here man and all the best for the contest!

The Damn Motherfucking One The Damn Motherfucking One

Interesting song... yes, it could be louder... try a different limiter perhaps? And I feel the piano could be a bit brighter and use a bit more reverb (maybe some EQ in the mid frequencies could help too)? Also the strings' velocities could be varied a bit... [humanize?] But I love the piano melody and the synths change the piece quite a bit! I can see you're a Logic Pro X user just like me, good to see that (guitar gave it away)! Nice stuff!

MysteriousPresence responds:

Hey thank you very much for the review mate ! =3
I will work on those flaws you highlighted, thank you for that (the strings' humanisation is a thing I never thought of, yet I should have).
Well actually I'm a GarageBand user, which is a cheap Logic Pro. :p

Broken Game Broken Game

Good stuff, sounds somewhat retro... but the leads don't sound 8-bit enough... more bitcrusher perhaps? Also the drums aren't very clear in the mix and it would be good if they stood out a bit more. Moreover the song seems a bit repetitive and kinda lacks depth in places (like at the 2-minute mark or so, maybe a bit of reverb will clear the emptiness?). Still good to hear!

JOURNEY JOURNEY

This is good actually... but it feels kind of repetitive at times, and I feel the kick (in fact drums as a whole) could be a bit louder cause they don't seem to stand well in the mix. Good work though!

LLCALIREP responds:

Thanks for reviewing I appreciate it.
I will certainly try to fix it.

BrightSide BrightSide

Wow this is a nice mix! Two completely different genres! This certainly isn't dumb!

Btw, do you use Logic Pro X too? Some of the sounds seem similar... nice to see a fellow DAW user!

LunacyEcho responds:

Hah, I agree that it's not dumb; the competition was just named so because people weren't really meant to make serious piece. :) (although I still kinda did)

And yes! Great ears—I do use Logic Pro X. Which ones did you recognize? :)

F-777 - Yin & Yang F-777 - Yin & Yang